The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Valuation help please

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Mikekk
Posted 2023-12-09 8:51 PM (#558881)
Subject: Valuation help please

Hi all,
About fifty years ago I won an Ovation 1127-4 as the grand prize at the grand opening of a new music store.
The strange thing is that there is no serial number on the label. Above the regular embossed metallic label there is a white paper label that’s supposed to contain the model number and serial number but instead has a Glenn Campbell signature. It looks to be in blue felt pen.

I never learned to play the guitar and so after a couple days with my friend playing a few songs I stored it away and it hasn’t seen the light of day since until today.it looks just as it did 50 years ago. It is stored in the brown case with purple interior that came with the guitar.

Can you give me advice as to the valuation of this treasure?

Mike
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mikekk
Posted 2024-01-05 7:51 PM (#558987 - in reply to #558881)
Subject: RE: Valuation help please

Here’s a picture of the label that has a Glenn Campbell signature. Do you think this could be an authentis sig by the man himself?

Hmm, how to upload a pic…
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)