The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation Duplex Amplifier

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Javelin
Posted 2024-03-05 4:13 PM (#559117)
Subject: Ovation Duplex Amplifier

Hi everyone
I am new to the Fan Club and just wondering if anyone has or knows where i can obtain a schematic or information on my amplifier. I purchased this new in 1970 the K-6002 pre amp and the 6107 4X12 with 2 horns powered cabinet.It was only used once on stage with my high school band and then stored ever since but with regular powered up use around once a year. It works and sounds like new and extremely powerful with only a small issue of the lead channel treble tone button has a slight hiss when turned up fully. I am hoping someone can help me locate a schematic as my repair tech wont look at it without one.
Thanks Tim
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2024-03-05 4:27 PM (#559118 - in reply to #559117)
Subject: Re: Ovation Duplex Amplifier

Hello,
I have upgraded you to full member and moved this post here to the General Forums so more people have access. These are frankly rather well laid out, easy amps to work on. While I might suggest cleaning the contacts and the pots, due to age and you mentioning "hiss" it's probably a dried-up capacitor and you'd be well to replace all caps as they were never designed to last 40+ years. Non or minimal use is the main killer of them as well. There may be schematics on ovationtribute.com but if not there, I'd find a tech that has vintage solid-state knowledge and they should be able to suss it out easily.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)