The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Vintage case related question

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

pRS317
Posted 2024-03-17 10:13 AM (#559136)
Subject: Vintage case related question

Hi, it looks like this forum may be dead, but I figured I'd throw my question out since this seems to have been the place to go for all things Ovation I'm fairly new to playing guitar, and I lucked into picking up a '83 1537 for an amazing price. The sound is incredible, and it has spoiled me to the point where I can no longer play my starter 6 string because it now sounds like a child's toy (D'Angelico Gramercy Premier).

The question I have is regarding the original case. It seems that part of the interior part of the shell detached from the exterior and is bowing outward such that it presses against the strings in the strumming area. I pushed on it a bit to see if it would pop back in, but it sounded like it was cracking, so I stopped. I'm looking for advice on how to get it popped back in with minimal damage.

One thought is to use a heat gun to soften the plastic and keep it from cracking, but I wasn't sure how that would agree with the fabric. I also thought leaving it open in the sun might soften it enough to do the trick. Either way, I was also thinking to put a little hole in it so I could put a dot or two of liquid nails in there to hold it in place once it's popped back in.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pRS317
Posted 2024-03-17 10:23 AM (#559137 - in reply to #559136)
Subject: RE: Vintage case related question

pRS317
Posted 2024-03-17 10:23 AM (#559138 - in reply to #559136)
Subject: RE: Vintage case related question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)