The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Need help with my new VXT

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

naerynom
Posted 2010-10-05 3:07 AM (#2778)
Subject: Need help with my new VXT

Hi everyone, I'm a guitarist from Spain and I really like Ovations, so I'm glad I found this forum, I've been reading you all for a while with attention :)

Please excuse my english... I'll do my best and I think you will understand me :p

The thing is, I have a problem with my new VXT, one of the best guitars I have never played, by the way. The problem is that the strings are unbalanced in voluem in the acoustic mode, and since I play very soft tunes in fingerstyle, this is really annoying.

Opposite than it usually occur with the piezos in solid body guitars, the G string is the least powerful, and the high E string is the loudest, and there is a big difference between the two being picked with the same strenght. Then the A string is a little louder than de Low E, and so on...

I wonder if there is a way of balancing the volumes of the strings. It must be a way for sure, but the only answer I got from the ovation support is to send back my guitar to the distributor... and since it's in Germany, and they probably send it to the USA to check, I guess I'd be at least a couple months without the guitar, and I'd like to avoid that.

So, I opend the cover of the electronics in the back, and I found a couple of things that are tweakable, only I don't know what effect it would have. Also I found a micro-usb port, that I bet I could plug to my computer and, with the appropiate software, balance the piezo output volumes, like I can do in my Line 6 Variax. Only problem is, I doubt they would send me the software any time soon...

Perhaps anyone could help me with this problem? I'd really thank you big time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MWoody
Posted 2010-10-05 9:48 AM (#2779 - in reply to #2778)
Subject: Re: Need help with my new VXT

Welcome!
My English needs a lot of work as well so not a problem.
The VXT saddles should all be balanced so I suspect some sticking issues at the saddles.
If it is new and under Warranty they should repair/replace it for you but if it is used then a good cleaning or trouble shooting is in order.

With the strings removed try depressing the saddles and see if any of them stick.

If something has "clogged" any electronics spray should clean it up.

And stop eating salsa and chips before playing the guitar!
:rolleyes:
naerynom
Posted 2010-10-06 6:39 PM (#2780 - in reply to #2778)
Subject: Re: Need help with my new VXT

Thank you for the answer :)

The guitar is very clean, and I always wash my hands before playing it ;) I tried to replace the G string for a new one, and I even raised the sadde to see if higher tension on the piezo resulted in higher volume output for that string... but all was in vain :(

Tomorrow I'll try replacing all strings and I'll check carefully for that sticking thing you are talking about.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)