The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
M867 Legend & GTM 6 ??-- What is this --??

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

chris69
Posted 2010-01-31 10:04 PM (#4276)
Subject: M867 Legend & GTM 6 ??-- What is this --??

Here is great question....

Some years ago I got this fine looking Black American made Ovation MIDI Legend (M867). I came with the GTM 6. I tried looking up the serial number on the guitar and no luck. Hummmm Ok, did not bother me to much it sounds great and with the exceptions of some dings looks great. I played on. I then started playing around with the MIDI feature and wanted to make sure everything was working properly so I contacted tech at Ovation and was lucky enough to get a rep who helped build these back in the 80's. He told me a little about the history and sent me some copies of the paperwork. The good news is that everything is functioning tip top.

After some time I went back to my electric and found myself not playing this Legend much.

Now I am faced with the idea of letting this go but I can not find anything about it's value. From the Ovation site I can only find the year it was created.

Does anyone have one of these??? Is it something I should hold on to for it rareness? How much is this worth?

I have other acoustics and am just not a fan of the round shallow back. There are not any cracks and it does play true. As I said, it does have some dings but outside of that it is a great guitar. The electronics work fine and so does the GTM 6. I am not desperate to unload this, but if there is a Ovation lover out there that would hold this instrument more dear to their heart it should be in their home.

Any help anyone knows about this guitar line history or value would be appreciated.

Relax with your six string therapy and thanks for your interest.

Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MWoody
Posted 2010-01-31 10:27 PM (#4277 - in reply to #4276)
Subject: Re: M867 Legend & GTM 6 ??-- What is this --??

Welcome Chris!

Hard to put a price on that one but do take a look in the FAQ area and you'll find some good tips. For the most part there aren't a lot of people (except us) flopping out cash for these obscure Ovations.

I looked here
Ovation Decoder

And it looks they made these 1987-1988. Midi's were a specialty thing and one I don't know much about. Look on Ebay for similar condition Legends and get an idea what range you are looking at.

Clear pictures are always the best way to spark some enthusiasm!
chris69
Posted 2010-02-01 9:15 PM (#4278 - in reply to #4276)
Subject: Re: M867 Legend & GTM 6 ??-- What is this --??

Woody thank you for taking the time to check this out. For some time I have looked at Ebay to find this model of guitar or the GTM6 with no luck. Like I said I have had this for years and although I have not searched religiously I have never came across anything but a advertisement for the GTM6. It is the strangest thing.

I would be happy to put up pictures and put it up for sale on this site but as I do not have a price that does not seem to be a option. Time will tell.

Again, I am not going crazy trying to unload this, but if there is someone out there who would be thrilled to have something this rare they should have it.

Thanks again....

Chris
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)