The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hello All

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Rixster
Posted 2010-01-31 11:29 AM (#4279)
Subject: Hello All

I recently posted an Ovation on E-bay and had the model/type wrong, someone was kind enough to point me in the direction of this place. I've pulled the listing from ebay until I can find out more info. I'll be re-posting the guitar for sale there when I'm sure I've got everything right..right now it appears to be a 1981 Folklore.

I'm 43, live near Augusta, GA. I've been playing Acoustic guitar for about 20 years but I'm not as good as I should be for that amount of time, don't play near as much as I should..I tend to get bored playing by myself so I put it down at times for months on end, really should quit doing that..I own 4 acoustics including the Ovation I'm currently looking to sell, I've got to Alvarez's and the first guitar I ever bought, a Yamaha FG-400 I got at a pawn shop 20 years ago for $100.00 including the hard case.

Anyway, I'm hoping to purchase another Ovation sometime in the near future..I played one at a shop in Augusta a couple years ago that I absolutely fell in love with..just loved the tone, it was one of those Orange flamed ones, I have no idea what the model was but the guy was going to give it to me for $700.00, dang I should have bought that thing..if anyone knows what it is I'd love to know so I could try to find one. I think they made a blue flamed one as well..

Since signing up this morning I've been wandering through the place and really enjoy what y'all have here, lots of good info & links..think I'll stick around a while...thanks to the ebay member "fishgiven" for sending me here, look forward to getting to know the place.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nick B.
Posted 2010-01-31 11:49 AM (#4280 - in reply to #4279)
Subject: Re: Hello All

Originally posted by Rixster:
I've been playing Acoustic guitar for about 20 years but I'm not as good as I should be for that amount of time, don't play near as much as I should..I tend to get bored playing by myself so I put it down at times for months on end, really should quit doing that..
I think that description fits many of us, I know it certainly does me.

Welcome aboard! I'm new here too. Poke around, you might just find you love this place.
Nick
Mitzdawg
Posted 2010-01-31 11:54 AM (#4281 - in reply to #4279)

Rixster,
Welcome to the OFC!

The model you are looking for is an Elite 1778T OF (for Orange Flame). They also come in red, purple, black, and as you know, blue. Sometimes the bowls match the top, and there is a bewildering variety (to me).

Stand back, because there is a HUGE group of "flamers" here who just adore the Elite T series in all their colors and they will no doubt welcome you into the flames.
'Dawg
MWoody
Posted 2010-01-31 2:38 PM (#4282 - in reply to #4279)

Rixster, good form!
I was the tipster (fishgiven) that invited you in, glad you could make it and I appreciate your honesty in your sale.

In the header above is "Reference" and it will lead you to the serial numbers. For pictorial reference there are no better tools then Dave's Ovation Gallery and Jerome's Ovation Tribute that are linked in my signature below.

The Folklore model was based on the Josh White and has a Wideneck, Deep Bowl and 12 fret to body. They are Fingerstyle Sound Monsters.

Unfortunately most people don't know that much about the Ovations.

Welcome aboard!
Rixster
Posted 2010-02-01 12:27 PM (#4283 - in reply to #4279)

Thanks for the welcome guys, so what do you have to do here to able to post in the other forums?
standing
Posted 2010-02-01 3:23 PM (#4284 - in reply to #4279)

Originally posted by Rixster:
Thanks for the welcome guys, so what do you have to do here to able to post in the other forums?
Rixster,

That is a fairly new change to board policy, which probably explains why your question has gone unanswered longer than most questions around here. The answer is best left to one of the moderators.

Many of us regularly read all of the active topics, including the "welcome" section, so rest assured that your posts will be noticed. You just don't have the immediate ability to add comments directly to posts in other topics when you first join.

In the meantime, although you can only post here in the "Welcome" section for now, you are free to read all the posts in any section that interests you, including the archives…

…and welcome to the forum!
standing
Posted 2010-02-01 3:24 PM (#4285 - in reply to #4279)

standing
Posted 2010-02-01 3:25 PM (#4286 - in reply to #4279)

(sure wish there was a way to delete a post instead of just editing… is there?)
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2010-02-01 5:12 PM (#4287 - in reply to #4279)

Hey Rixster, I'm surprised you weren't granted full access already, so I went and did it. It's a "near" instant process.

We just require folks to post in this forum first so we know they are somewhat real.

It's a new step so we'll cut the mods a little slack this time. :)
Rixster
Posted 2010-02-02 5:49 AM (#4288 - in reply to #4279)

well as long as it doesn't happen again dangit..lol..np here, just rollin with the flow..thanks :)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)