The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 123
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
black finish ovations

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2008Message format

CanterburyStrings
Posted 2008-12-27 4:40 PM (#5528 - in reply to #5478)
Subject: Re: black finish ovations

Thanks for the info, Temp. I love this site. I have met some great people, and have learned so much. Do you have a book out? If not, you ought to consider it. I can guarantee you would sell copies to every member here, and probably a lot of other guitarists and luthiers too. You remind me of Jim Ricard who was head of R&D in the old days at Ovation. No matter what the topic, he had vast amounts of knowledge about it, and was willing to share it. Unfortunately he passed away some years back, but it's nice to know that if I have questions I can come here and seek out your knowledge. Thanks again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Templeman
Posted 2008-12-27 6:58 PM (#5529 - in reply to #5478)

Interesting that you mention Jim Rickard. Do you remember his articles for Frets Magazine in the early 80's? When I was a kid I used to thrive on that stuff. It was Rickard's and Jim Siminoff's articles in Frets that got me really interested in the acoustics, physics and mechanics of stringed instruments.
CanterburyStrings
Posted 2008-12-27 7:52 PM (#5530 - in reply to #5478)

Yeah, I used to get Frets magazine and then I would show it to people and say "This guy is a friend of mine." Rick WAS a good friend, as well as one of my bosses. He was legendary around there. We all admired him so much. Not only could he speak with authoriy on any subject, but he was "one of us". I mean, they finally let him make his own hours 'cause he just wasn't a morning person. So he'd come in late, but he'd stay late too. Sometimes really late when he was working on something that fascinated him. And there were a lot of things that fascinated him. I could go on and on. He was one of my hero's.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)